Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Will the ps3 be able to..

Sponsored Links
    fully emulate Wii once it gets hacked? asking if the ps3 is strong enough to emulate it (once they get access to the gpu or whatever you call it).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    SixAxis as WiiMote? Not so good idea at all...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know what power Wii has but you need a lot more power than the original system to emulate ... Does anyone have detailed Information about the Wii processor and gpu?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If gamecube as hardware finished in 2000,has something like 10.4Gflops powerprocessing (cpu powerpc G3/ 750cxe/486Mhz + Gpu flipper162MHz/ati sub radeon 1 model year 2000 ) and wii is a "gamecube turbo" have early 15/20Gflops overall ...a ps3 with cell with 188Gflops whithout counting with RSX can sustain/processing (25.1Gflops *7 + Powerpcengine/970like/PPU) with very good homebrew, sdk or VMM (virtual manager machine) maybe have much power to emulate with good level.

Rule of thumb i believe is something like you need seven times the original consoles processing power to emulate it, but of course thats just a rough guide. Taking a look at the lack of a decent ds emulator on the pc leads me to believe that even if the power is technically there, it will definitely no be as simple as covering the cpu power.

Quote Originally Posted by ifox View Post
    SixAxis as WiiMote? Not so good idea at all...
    Well you could use the Wiimote on the PS3, since it also uses bluetooth.

Well as far as I know the 60gb pal unit uses software emulation to run PS2 games, so it CAN emulate PS2 level games. Now, this doesn't answer the question, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DerfelCadarn View Post
    Well as far as I know the 60gb pal unit uses software emulation to run PS2 games, so it CAN emulate PS2 level games. Now, this doesn't answer the question, just a thought.
    A little off topic, but i am curious if it would be possible to run PS2 games on newer PS3 systems without PS2 compatibility once it is hacked?

An emulator that is programed by sony and built into the firmware of the console is very different to a homebrew community made emulator. Dont expect last gen emulators ala xbox, ps2 let alone wii for a good while. Ask again later on in the consoles lifetime and maybe you wil get a different answer.

Yeah true.... but i think a Dreamcast emulator is my first wish, and it's not a chimera

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News