Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Why is the PS3 browser crawling?

Sponsored Links
    ok i'm on the PS3 now and browsing but its crawling. i'm connected to the net via digital cable & i'm using a wired router. my other PC runs fine with this ISP. is this how most PS3's are or is there something screwed up here?
    Best Answer - Posted by Okiri:

The ps3 browser is slow. So its not your connection, its just like that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The ps3 browser is slow. So its not your connection, its just like that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh joy. WTH is the point of buying a "next gen" console if half the features are last gen?? My old as dirt dial up was faster than this stupid browser, I don't get it. Would installing another OS like Linux allow me to use a regular browser provided I have the install file?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBonez View Post
    oh joy. WTH is the point of buying a "next gen" console if half the features are last gen?? My old as dirt dial up was faster than this stupid browser, I don't get it. Would installing another OS like Linux allow me to use a regular browser provided I have the install file?
    That is slower, you're better off not using the PS3 for the Internet.

This site has coding and ads that don't run well with the PS3's browser. I use my PS3's browser all the time and notice that certain sites just run better and some don't even at all. I especially love how the PS3's browser rejects sections of it's own PS3 website and other official gaming sites as well.

Since the last few patches I have been having my PS3 completely freeze when logging in to this site do to the sites coding or version as other Vbulletin sites run fine. And now I can no longer access my e-mail via Yahoo mail as what ever version of Netscape the PS3 uses can no longer run the services icons.

They should really think of upgrading, because it's so easy to just look up sites while relaxing on your couch with a wireless controller, I'm very surprised so few use the feature and embrace it for its ability to use proxy servers to download videos directly from your computer and much more.

i tend to use the PS3 browser when my other PC down there is occupied and it's easier to surf from the PS3 than to go upstairs get my father off the PC then log on & surf. I've also experienced freezing when using the browser but it's when I exit the browser not on a site.

Sony should really think of incorporating Mozilla Firefox or another web browser into their firmware. Most people are familiar with IE but it's Microsoft and you all know how well Sony & Microsoft get along lol

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBonez View Post
    i tend to use the PS3 browser when my other PC down there is occupied and it's easier to surf from the PS3 than to go upstairs get my father off the PC then log on & surf. I've also experienced freezing when using the browser but it's when I exit the browser not on a site.

Sony should really think of incorporating Mozilla Firefox or another web browser into their firmware. Most people are familiar with IE but it's Microsoft and you all know how well Sony & Microsoft get along lol
    Unfortunately the PS3 browser is based on mozilla

Mozilla/5.0 (PLAYSTATION 3; 1.00)

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News