Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Why isn't there more focus on a non-JB 3.41 firmware?

Sponsored Links
    I see that most of these CFW's are for 3.55. I was wondering why aren't they working on a non-jb method for 3.41 before tinkering with 3.55?

I understand Rebug is floating around. Now why arent there more TRUE PUP's out there similiar to that or even following there lead? They said lvl2 was not a thing they could tinker with because the measures put in place by Sony on 3.55's update.

So why is there not so much more concern for 3.41? Wouldn't we be able to almost achieve a non-jb solution a lot faster seeing as the dongle's pull the job off already and we have more information about 3.41 as is? Isn't there a way of doing so without the dongle's in the first place that would sound more reasonable (or faster) than consuming our time with CFW for 3.55?

I am not upgrading to 3.55 because of the flaws in it. I see absolutely no need to as it add's support for almost nothing I would want. Regardless of geohot's firmware (which I don't like as is) which I give credit for pulling it off, I still see no big USE in tinkering with 3.55 at all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I moved your post here from the news section, as I saw you reposted it so just letting you know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks. My mistake

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Simple. People don't care because you pretty much have everything you want on 3.41 with the dongle.

Why waste time on eliminating the need for the dongle when we can work on getting the same level of features working on v3.55?

Fully hacked 3.55 is more important than eliminating the need for a dongle on v3.41, that is the simple answer.

Actually a better version of the above. some extras I left out:

I see that most of these CFW's are for 3.55. I was wondering why aren't they working on a non-jb method for 3.41 before tinkering with 3.55 seeing as the JB dongle's already pull off what most of us are waiting for?

I understand Rebug is floating around which I installed for a test run and it was easy as pie to install and was pretty nifty. Now why aren't there more TRUE PUP's out there similar to that or even following there lead? With the downgrade option on the table for those with 3.55 to roll back to the better 3.41 firmware why is there even hype for 3.55 anymore?

Is it to play a few extra games WHEN there is backup support? They said lvl2 was not a thing they could tinker with because the measures put in place by Sony on 3.55's update. I also understand they are looking at poking at lvl 1 but for what? Why is there not so much more concern for 3.41? Wouldn't we be able to almost achieve a non-jb solution a lot faster seeing as the dongle's pull the job off already and we have more information about 3.41 as is? Isn't there a way of doing so without the dongle's in the first place that would sound more reasonable (or faster) than consuming our time with CFW for 3.55?

I am not upgrading to 3.55 because of the downsides of upgrading higher than 3.41 in the first place. I see absolutely no need to as it adds support for almost nothing I would want. Regardless of geohot's firmware (which I don't like as is, which I give credit for pulling it off BTW) I still see no big USE in tinkering with 3.55 at all. One thing's for sure, that 90% of the people out on these forums are refreshing these pages WAITING for that backup manager support and could care less about anything having to do with homebrew.

Seeing as it's going to be a rough one to achieve on 3.55 (or not as easy as the already exploitable 3.41) it furthermore pushes the question. Where's the need to still tinker with 3.55? Anyone agree?

more of a challenge, hackers like challenges, like when you are with your friends and a hot female walks by and they say i bet you wont go up to her and talk to her, you prove them wrong right.

lol. Still does not answer any of the questions I asked but still funny

Would it not be easier to make a software exploit to remove the dongle's all together? I would think there would be a solution for this already seeing as the dongle gives us what we need to learn from the exploit. I see paying for a dongle to achieve what we are doing would be pointless.
    Last edited by metalheavy; 01-14-2011 at 04:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thats why i put it to get laughs, lol i'm funny i know.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Simple. People don't care because you pretty much have everything you want on 3.41 with the dongle.

Why waste time on eliminating the need for the dongle when we can work on getting the same level of features working on v3.55?

Fully hacked 3.55 is more important than eliminating the need for a dongle on v3.41, that is the simple answer.
    Why would one want to continuously do the job of powering the console off and going through the such when there could easily be a software fix for it? (Not sure if it would be easier just assuming it would with our knowledge of what the dongle does in the first place)

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News