Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Why dont all PS3 games use the PSN system?

Sponsored Links
    Games that dont use the PSN system:

- Resistance (uses their own online system)
    - Motorstorm (uses their own online system)
    - Call Of Duty 4
    - Unreal Tournament 3 (uses GameSpy)
    - All EA Games
    - The Orange Box
    - Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    - more...

Games that do use the PSN service:
    - GripShift
    - Tekken 5 Online: Dark Ressurection
    - Go! Puzzle
    - Go! Sudoku
    - Snakeball
    - more...

Is this why Microsoft charges for Xbox Live so they can pay developers to use the system because every 360 game uses the Live online system.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i wonder too.. i dont like how cod4 is, u cant even have a filter... what gives?!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    On the flipside of cod4 though, RFOM's online structure was very good, and Warhawk also did the job quite nicely. I think that it's a must for games to display ping when browsing for games. I dont have anything against including matchmaking, but I would also like the option in every game to be able to pick a server manually.

In fact, RFOM worked so well I would be interested in them releasing some sort of middleware tool that incorporated their structure for all those devs too lazy or underfunded to properly implement a ps3 online infrastructure.

i think it would be better to use one universal system. i remember on ps2 onlines games you had to make an account for every online game lol

I don't get what your getting at here? That they don't use the same servers, or that the PSN features arn't intergrated?

think of how screwed up things would be if everything used the psn intergration service, besides i think Sony wants to go in a different direction with this than MS.

the thing is COD 4 is that it always freezes! Whenever I try to connect, it just hangs there! With UT3 or NHL 08, it is normal. What gives?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News