Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Where is the MAC address located inside the PS3?

Sponsored Links
    I'm planning on a buying a PS3 slim motherboard to replace my current motherboard inside my PS3 120gb PS3 because I'm MAC banned.

Will this work because the motherboard is located on the motherboard?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe, it'll certainly change your MAC. Why did you get MAC banned?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That it will most certainly change your MAC address, however make sure to get the matching BD board - and of course, you will need to format your HDD.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What do you mean by matching BD board? I have a PS3 slim and I'm getting a motherboard of a slim.

And why do I need to format my HDD? Is there any way to keep my stuff? I have a couple of PSN game shared user accounts on there that I don't want to get rid of.

i think you'll need the bluray logic board because each one is tied to the console (as far as my understanding of it goes). also I don't think all slims have the same mobo and you'll definitely need to format the hdd because it'll be like switching it from one ps3 to another (requires format)

Yes, with the exception of the very newest slims, if I recall the BD board is essentially onboard the mainboard as well.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bash007 View Post
    I'm planning on a buying a PS3 slim motherboard to replace my current motherboard inside my PS3 120gb PS3 because I'm MAC banned.

Will this work because the motherboard is located on the motherboard?
    Nice I'm trying to do the same thing but with the original fat 80gb ps3. Been banned for a year and several months already. If some how you get it to work [which i hope you do] Please let us know.

If you change hardware, you must format your HDD. You can grab xRegistry.sys to write down every user account with email and password. It can be that Sony has disabled your PS3 from that accounts, but if you change your MAC address it's like an other PS3 and not the one who is already in the accounts. Just try this and report, would be good to know !

Btw : How much you pay for a new motherboard ? Isn't it cheaper to get a used one ?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    You can grab xRegistry.sys to write down every user account with email and password.
    In what PS3 Folder can i find this ? the xRegistry.sys.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News