Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Where did 100GB of internal HDD space go help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I have a 160Gb internal drive. I have one game installed, uncharted 3, and some PSN games, about 11gb all up. Game data and updates maybe total of 2 gb.

Problem is, I only have 3 gb of free space!! So what happened to the missing 90-100gb??

thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I also have had this happen to me. It seems if you copy and delete a lot with filemanagers, the ps3 filesystem is not updated correctly.

The only option you have is to reformat your hdd from time to time to reset it to full capacity.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe you use multiple manager (so the game installed in different folder) you can check by Multiman.

rebuild the database through the recovery menu will sort it out, there's no need to format.

Where did 100GB of internal HDD space disappear? SOLVED

Hi everyone, after trying everything, i finally figured it out..

in my multiman game folder there was a folder called game_cache . It had all my missing space, i deleted that and now I have the free space I thought I should have.

problem solved! but out of curiosity, why did this happen?

I will leave this open another 1-2 days, if nobody replies it will be closed and marked answered.

Pretty sure that's the folder where multiman copies split files to reassemble from USB backups that have files larger than 4GB (split into parts). There's an option in multiman to clear the cache though so just use that every now and again to stop it happening again.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News