Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] whats the possibility to work on fw 3.15 ?

Sponsored Links
    i'm really sorry to ask this but i don't seem to find any straight answers out there, anyhow what's the possibility of getting jb to work on fw 3.15? or isnt it really worth staying there but instead go to 3.41?

thanks in advance
    Best Answer - Posted by silentcircuit:

For the time being none of the current hacks (PSJailbreak/PSGroove/OpenPSJailbreak/N900 based jailbreak/etc etc etc) work on any firmware version but 3.41.

There have been claims/rumors on several sites that later version of the hack (unconfirmed by the PSJailbreak people themselves so far) will work with any firmware version, but again, so far these are baseless rumors.

If you want a working hack, for the time being you have to run 3.41.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For the time being none of the current hacks (PSJailbreak/PSGroove/OpenPSJailbreak/N900 based jailbreak/etc etc etc) work on any firmware version but 3.41.

There have been claims/rumors on several sites that later version of the hack (unconfirmed by the PSJailbreak people themselves so far) will work with any firmware version, but again, so far these are baseless rumors.

If you want a working hack, for the time being you have to run 3.41.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sort of on topic.

Is there any reason to not upgrade to 3.41 (other than no otherOS)?

I recall a post by geohot saying something along the lines that enabling Other OS was as simple as setting a flag from false to true. If that's the case, then a homebrew developer should be able to write an app to do that from 3.41.

ok thanks a lot silentcircuit! rumors there are a lot of them, haven't got the hardware to use jb (its ordered blackcat) so i will probably just hang on to the old firmware until then and i will see what evovles til then!

@nikox at least i can't think of any hehe

What i believe we need to look at is "the payload" of the JB. ITs funny that this post came up because i was going through all the files, that i currently have and am trying to see where there would a spot to change up the FW version to be able to boot.. In all reality should not be to difficult.

so if anyone want to assist me in this please contact me.. As i do not have the hardware or payload to test this out.. should be recieveing my hardware in about 2 hours hopefully... then its a whole weekend of coding for the scene.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    I recall a post by geohot saying something along the lines that enabling Other OS was as simple as setting a flag from false to true. If that's the case, then a homebrew developer should be able to write an app to do that from 3.41.
    unfortunately this is not the case.. otheros has been removed from LV1 on the newer firmwares.. while changing a flag may get it to reappear in GameOS LV1 would no longer know what to do with it..

my assumption is that someone will be able to write a homebrew to allow you to boot a linux distro.. but it will not be done in the same manner as before where you used the OtherOS feature.. at this point it would probably install as a game to the PS3 HD.. this is just me speculating mind you...

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    sounds interesting idd, well i guess we will probably know in the near future.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News