Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] what is the ps3 slim case made of?

Sponsored Links
    i'm looking to mod my ps3 slim... i'm going to take it to a modelmaker who does laser cutting... and before i do i would like to know what type of plastic the ps3 slim casing is made of. i know its plastic, but what type ?

as the guy who i talked to said if i can find out the type of plastic its made of it would be easier to configure the laser or he will have to do a test cut to figure out the intensity of the burn.. which i do not want.

i have searched but can't find anything about the plastic its made from... can anyone help. i even tried the A TEAM but no joy... any help acrpeciated
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

I'll have to second ABS. There should be manufacturing marks inside the case that indicate what it is, but without looking I can almost guarantee you it's ABS.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Surely he can do a test cut on the inside of the hard drive front cover

It's cheap ABS plastic - nothing else IMO.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll have to second ABS. There should be manufacturing marks inside the case that indicate what it is, but without looking I can almost guarantee you it's ABS.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News