Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] What does the PS3 Jailbreak leave behind?

Sponsored Links
    I ran the PS3 jailbreak once using the Hermes v4 build for the Ti-84+ Silver. I didn't install anything, just ran it and then turned the PS3 off. I decided I'd rather just go legit, because homebrew or pirating games isn't worth it to risk being banned, as I will not be able to buy another PS3 if the console were to get banned. Am I safe to just update now or is there a risk of being banned in the future?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i guess no one knows for sure what the ps3 records etc, guess there is some log what "games" you ran, that would be game id etc, dont know if there is any log for just running the jailbreak, if i have to guess (NOT SURE IN ANY WAY, JUST TALKING OUTTA MY ASS HERE) if you havent ran a single homebrew at all or even ftp server and did not log in to PSN, i would say the chances are slim that you is going to get banned, but as i said i cant be sure, imo no one can.

Your safest shot would be to make a system restore on the console, but be aware that you will loose all data then, i dont know if using the backup options on the ps3 "backup" the log files from jb etc,.

as i said no one know as there hasn't been any case that i know of anyone being banned yet for using jailbreak.

and still no one knows how they will ban the consoles either, i guess they ban internet (PSN) access so you would still be able to play games, be aware noone knows how they ban consoles, but my guess is that they wont disable youre console in any way except PSN/online play, i do remember when MS did disable harddrive thingie they had to release a patch enabling it again ^^

IMPORTANT!!!

REALLY SORRY IF ITS AN COMPLICATED ANSWER, BUT I DONT WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANYWAY IF YOU/PEOPLE DO GET BANNED, AS IT ISNT FULLY KNOWN YET HOW/WHAT/WHERE LOGS ETC IS SAVED ON THE PS3 AND CALL HOME WITH THE INFO.

Good luck m8
    Last edited by EiKii; 11-19-2010 at 03:26 PM Reason: edit

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Be on the safe side and don't login with ps3jailbreak console. NEVER.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News