Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    can it withstand a 4 foot drop?

im sure someone will unintentionally test that someday

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can you someone test the SM then boot snes emu from the usb flash drive? just curious...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    I thought they had confirmed that PS3 games wouldn't be region coded.
    But they went back and forth with that one, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are.
    Well i cant test that to, cause i only own JAP PS1 and PS2 games, the only english games i have are FFVII till FFIX but i never opened the box of them

I tried other linux. I can't find a way to boot into the os yet though. I can't test the 4 foot drop thing. Too much of an investment to test that one out... No the DFB steering wheel doesn't w0rk directly.
    Last edited by sabeer99; 11-18-2006 at 08:56 PM

hey all

I got linux fedora core 5 working.
    if linux boots and ends at a terminal screen before going into "the OS" (i'm assuming you mean gnome window manager) type startx at the first prompt (not the kboot pause)

type boot-game-os any terminal to go to ps3 xmb.

cool thing is i don't have an hdtv yet and fedora works, although the refresh rate makes it look a little weird, on my regular 40 inch sdtv.

i have a reciever set up with dolby digital and dts though, and with the fiber optic audio cable I have, after configuring it right, it makes XMB sounds and plays music but then resistance has no sound when i go in. weird but oh well.

only problem with fedora so far is I can't get internet working. it doesnt seem to know there is a wireless card in the 60gb ps3 I have, but I plugged directly into the router and will make sure firefox works right.

I have no idea if fedora sound works yet, i'm waiting to get a version of vlc working (yum install not working yet because I don't have linux internet working) before I run sound and video speed tests on different inputs like 720p mkv king kong and x264 avis and divx and other fun stuff. I know i dont have an hdtv yet but i figure if it can process the video it works.

Anybody have anything they want me to install on fedora and try out? if so tell me a couple basic steps, especially cuz I am a linux newbie and rpm installing doesnt seem to be working right after transferring the tar.gz to the ps3.

Oh BTW another cool thing that works is that after opening my 80gb external HD and replacing it with a 200gb and filling it up with crap and formatting it with ntfs, linux automatically recognizes it and lets me browse (haven't checked if it is just read or read/write yet though). When i installed fedora core 6 on my desktop a week ago I had to install linux-ntfs to browse the ntfs usb drive, so I don't know what makes ps3 fedora core 5 automatically recognize it.

If there isn't any vlc player made for PowerPC, does anyone know how to manually update the totem media player or helix with new codecs like x264 or divx/xvid?

I forgot to mention my handle is Tyrone for any of the few who scored a PS3. Add me and we'll play resistance sometime

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ceraphis View Post
    only problem with fedora so far is I can't get internet working.
    I know little about Linux, but are you using PS3 FW 1.00? I read "retail units needed to be updated to System software version 1.10 to connect to the Internet" (info here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ch...ned-36954.html)

Just a thought HEHE, good luck!

If you have an Evo Max drive you think you can use it to upload old ps2 saves onto the ps3 virtual mem sticks? ie: I have lots of old saves on a flash drive and want the Evo Max software for the ps2 to transfer them to virtual sticks all using the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu966 View Post
    If you have an Evo Max drive you think you can use it to upload old ps2 saves onto the ps3 virtual mem sticks? ie: I have lots of old saves on a flash drive and want the Evo Max software for the ps2 to transfer them to virtual sticks all using the ps3.
    You'd think that since the flash drive is already playstation formatted that you could just plug the usb drive in the PS3 and upload those saves to the PS3 virtual PS2 memory folder.

hey quick question, do d-skins work on the ps3? and can you put d-skins on ps3 games?

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News