Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    Didn't think you could, thats pretty stupid. Did you try the optical out or dont you have the equipment?
    You would think that HDMI to your TV for video then optical audio out to your receiver would work just fine. Hopefully someone will answer this.

Sounds logical, i'll maby give it a try, anyway, ontopic, do you have a USA PS3, can you play JAP regio games ?

I cant try it couse my PS3 is JAP XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo View Post
    I cant try it couse my PS3 is JAP XD
    I thought they had confirmed that PS3 games wouldn't be region coded.
    But they went back and forth with that one, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

How is linux on ps3?

We need some answers all these. Especially hda but i think the mod who posts on the home page will give us answers. But hasn't opened the box yet. Were taking it slow. If I had my 60gb i would try hda. I know the swap magic loads and actually if mod comes out to exchange them whoo knows. But idk if its swap magic ps2 for ps3 ill be fine with my ps2 doing that for now. hda would be nice tho.

Damn Liksang going out of business had me sitting outside of Best Buy for 3 long horribly cold ass nights and 2 very long days. AND I WAS SPOT 22!

Anyways I got my 60 today and needed to do HDMI > DVI and then I did the audio through the AV adapter and it works fine, you just have to go into the sound settings and tell it that the sound it separate from the HDMI, it's no big deal. HOWEVER, every 60 seconds or so the video will lag and not move for about a whole second and a half. Has anyone else who is doing this conversion find this problem? Again, the sound continues but the video will freeze for a little over a second and then continue. I got the Pscyclone HDMI cable and the Monster adapter so they're all high quality parts. I haven't had a chance to test them indiviudually yet. I will be able to test the HDMI alone on my 71" 1080p DLP tv tonight...I can hardly wait.

I can test HDA if someone would mail me one, I dont have one and im not paying for one.

I too now can test different things, to the best of my abilites/resources.

too bad we cant swap out ps2 games and boot on ps3 cause finding a hda iso is easy. i hope the other mod is making a huge update now.

can u please test region protection I also heard that its not region protected but this was a fair while ago also what can the PSP do with the PS3 because I know that it can do something!!

thanks u lucky PS3 owners I live in the UK so its march minimum unless I get the cash together to import a US console

Region testing has been completed by me. Things to note are that US and Japanese PS3 games work on the console. However, the PS2, and PSOne games are region locked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast