Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] What counts as being online (in terms of Sony detection)?

Sponsored Links
    Is loading a game through ps3 jailbreak and then letting it check for update patches enough for Sony or any developer to detect you?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would imagine that sony can detect any system online, even if the jailbreak is not enabled it, would be easy for sony to know that system is online, and possible to detect a jailbreak has been used

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess thats enough for them to flag you so beware...

I would prefer to set up your ftp connection to NO INTERNET, thats what i do right now. Right now you cannot do anymore then look for updates incase PSN just works with 3.5.

So my advice , stay secure if you want to go online someday if probably JB is ready for Ps3 FW up 3.5.

Greets Modmate

Technically yes - nothing is stoping Sony to let PS3 silently "call home" even when not signed in PSN and let them know what you're up to but I doubt anything like that is actually implemented in any of the current firmwares but if you want to be on the safe safe simply prohibit your PS3 from going online - either by blocking it on your router or by setting the IP manually and removing the DNS servers and Default Gateway - although some uber paranoic users believe PS3 could be looking for the fixed IPs rather than just URLs. Then indeed you'd need to isntall your updates by some alternative means.

U can always just unplug it... from the internet that is. I have mine plugged in but not signed in to PSN, so maybe I am at risk but I am not too concerned.

Or - you can just switch it off, wrap in in the whole roll of tin foil, close in the safe and burry the safe 5 meters underground

Beware, Sony is all mighty so maybe they get their Grave Digger..

BTT now...

Greets

I only plug the internet when I'm FTPing, other than that I keep it unplugged as often as possible. I don't trust $ony, they're sneaky D: They'd figure some way to jb users over eventually, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyways, I tried turning my ps3 off one time and I came back like 5 mins later to find it still on, but doing some weird stuff, so I unplugged it from the back xD Call me paranoid, but I swear it was like trying to auto-update even though I have that off.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News