Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by studtrooper View Post
    Since 1080p is relatively new, usually (as in, I've never seen a set that isn't) a set that can accept a 1080p input is really a 1080p HDTV. I think a lot of people are still getting 1080i and 1080p mixed up...
    No studtrooper there are lots of TVs that accept 1080p but will then just downscale it to the TVs native resolution.

Just because a TV accepts a 1080p signal doesnt mean it will display 1080p or even have a native resolution of 1920x1080.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have an Insignia 27" CRT HDTV and an Olevia 23" LCD HDTV, both of which support 1080i/720p. My PS3 works fine on both TV, and I am using the cheapy Pelican Component AV switch box to switch multiple consoles. I have yet to try HDMI, but I am happy with component for now.

However, I do have a true 1080P Sceptre 42", and it displays 1080P wrong, so that TV has the dreaded 1080P problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    No studtrooper there are lots of TVs that accept 1080p but will then just downscale it to the TVs native resolution.

Just because a TV accepts a 1080p signal doesnt mean it will display 1080p or even have a native resolution of 1920x1080.
    Are you sure about that? The big ruckus about 1080p when it first came out was that the sets DID NOT accept a 1080p signal but upconverted 480i/480p/720p/1080i to 1080p. I have never seen a EDTV/720p set accept a 1080p resolution (1080i excluded from the list since they [1080i rear-projection HDTVs] really arn't being made anymore and are infamous for not even accepting 720p).

Please also note I am not including monitors made for PC use, as those are not made to be TVs.
    Last edited by studtrooper; 01-23-2007 at 03:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Naffets View Post
    Uncommon resolutions - 576 - 720 x 576

I say uncommon, because in the uk we don't use that standard.
    Huh? Isn't that resolution PAL, the UK standard?

Quote Originally Posted by studtrooper View Post
    Huh? Isn't that resolution PAL, the UK standard?
    Unsure without googling However I know its a standard not used on hdtv's in the uk that are currently produced, or if it is then it isn't in the specs

Either way its a pretty poor standard. I've got used to 1080p now

I've hooked up my PS3 to my Sony 40" LCD using component cables and digital optical cable to my receiver. Since most games output Dolby Digital 5.1 using digital out or HDMI, it allows for better sound than the standard red/white audio connectors

Looks and sounds awesome

Hi m8 Check out the Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
    Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels
    Image contrast ratio1200:1
    Output modeStereo
    Speakers included2
    Total output power30 W
    Surround sound effectsSurround mode; Clear Voice mode
    Integrated Freeview tunerYes
    Dual TV TunerNo

Connections
    Composite1 (rear)
    S-Video1 (rear)
    Scart1 (rear)
    RGB-Scart1 (rear)
    HDMI2 (rear)
    HDCPYes
    Sky High Definition compatibleYes
    Can be urs for 1000-1500
    This is the 1 for me real soon

oh btw its 1080p too :-)

DO NOT buy a Rear Projection TV as these suck real bad,terrible picture and a bugger to watch in the daylight or with a light on. U Have Been Warned. Good luck with ur purchase!

Naffets - Where'd you get your HDMI switch from? how much? and is it any good? (was it a UK Shop? or on-line but delivered to UK?)

(I'm gonna need to get one soon - shame these tv's only have 1 HDMI input eh!)

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    Naffets - Where'd you get your HDMI switch from? how much? and is it any good? (was it a UK Shop? or on-line but delivered to UK?)

(I'm gonna need to get one soon - shame these tv's only have 1 HDMI input eh!)

cheers
    I don't use a HDMI switch unfortunately.

We have 4 port hdmi switchbox's in at work, I'll ask how much tomorrow and see how cheap i can get hold of one for you.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News