Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] weird ps3 problem?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys, this is what happend.. after i upgraded to 2.76official firmware..my ps3 wont read cd's anymore.. my ps3 is an asian unit.. first updated it with a 2.76 asian firmware then it wont read cd's anymore.. tried another firmware 2.76 again but from U.S now.. still now working, tried to reformat the ps3 but it is still not working.. still would not read games.

the confusing part is when i go to my local repair center where i had my lens replaced 6 months ago, the ps3 reads my games in there place from ours on end so they wont replace my lens because my ps3 is fine in there place but in my home its not working...

please help... what can i do? googled 2.76 problems, there seems to be a lot of them.. do i need to wait for the next update? experts and guru's please help...
    Last edited by angelnah; 06-03-2009 at 12:48 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by usman20045:

best solution is call sony playstion and they will help. i did and they replaced my console, hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's really weird... so let me see if i get you right, your ps3 read all of your games when you go to your retailer and when you get home it doesn't read any of them ? can you load and play the games when you were at the store ?

what about regular cd`s/dvd`s ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes sir you are correct on that, when i am at the retail store it plays on for hours but when I get back home I try the ps3 it plays fine for 5 mins then the game (any game) hangs then when i reboot my ps3 i try another game it will not read the game (any game) anymore... this is after I installed the 2.76 firmware..

tried to duplicate the environment of my retail store, turned on my AC then did not use HD television but still not working, going to try to play on the 4th floor of our condo unit because the retail store is on the 4th where my house is only 2 floors.. hahaha..

Actually I am hoping that an update of firmware can fix this, any news on when does a new update comes? also is this a problem with the lens? help guys...

Mine is doing something like that also

On my ps3 i can play a game for about a half hour then it will freeze and i cant do anything. i cant leave the game turn the system off even by holding the button for 10sec or anything the only way to turn it off is the swich on the back. after i do that and turn it back on and put a game in it says corrupt data. unless its a ps2 game then it works fine.

but it makes me really mad what happens is ill play a whole match on cod online then half way through the second match the sound will go away but i can still hear people talking through the mic then when the match is over it freezes on the loading screen.

Wow bro thats seriously a weird problem. But Idk if there's much you can do because it reads in different locations. I think you're just gonna have to wait for a update.

monkeyman665 i had a ps3 that did what you described, would play ps3 games for a few mins then froze on me, but would play ps2 games with no problems at all! I changed the laser and it now does not crash, don't know if that will help you at all, have you tried reformatting the hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by angelnah View Post
    hi guys, this is what happend.. after i upgraded to 2.76official firmware..my ps3 wont read cd's anymore.. my ps3 is an asian unit.. first updated it with a 2.76 asian firmware then it wont read cd's anymore.. tried another firmware 2.76 again but from U.S now.. still now working, tried to reformat the ps3 but it is still not working.. still would not read games.

the confusing part is when i go to my local repair center where i had my lens replaced 6 months ago, the ps3 reads my games in there place from ours on end so they wont replace my lens because my ps3 is fine in there place but in my home its not working...

please help... what can i do? googled 2.76 problems, there seems to be a lot of them.. do i need to wait for the next update? experts and guru's please help...
    when you go at the store the reapairman uses your bluray discs or his own?

Furthermore, does this happen when you are online with the PS3? (ie, via cable or wifi) It may be a network related issue, assuming the electricity is OK, and the disks are OK too.

i'd suggest 3 things to find out the problem:

you should try all.

1] try playing at your house with a friends disc. [note: dont change the wires leave them as they are]
    2] try with your discs but disconnect from all the networks.
    3] try to play with your disc but plug it to a different plugin on the wall or better at a friends house. [the default way you connect it]

once you try these post the results.

Also, be aware that the PS3 has 3 laser diodes. Violet, red and IR.

Violet is blu-ray, red is DVD, IR is CDRom.

This explains the above apparent anomalies between reading / not reading disc types.

Cheers,

Allan.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News