Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Weird Issue, PS3 Freezing After Assassin's Creed?

Sponsored Links
    So I launched the new Assassin's Creed game, which worked, but no sound. So I quit the game and when I get back to the dashboard my PS3 just froze. So I shutdown the PS3, removed my jailbreak and booted back up and after it hits the dashboard it freezes.

I wasn't sure what was going on. So I tested this on another PS3 I have and the same thing occurred. Now both consoles I can't use.

So I put a new hard drive in one of the consoles, formatted it and went to restore the 3.41 firmware and I get an error. I am going to try the other console now and format the drive.

Any ideas, this is weird. I have played dozens of other games, but the assassins creed game is what caused this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
    Best Answer - Posted by Natepig:

This happened to me as well... the reason is that for some reason if you try to play it without a disc in the drive, when you quit the game it tries to bring up the disc icon on the xmb and crashes.

Its simple to fix though, just format your hdd via the recovery menu and make sure you launch the game with a disc in the drive. When this happened to me I was freaking out thinking it was sony's counter attack for having jb ps3's on psn.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What error does the PS3 show ? Did you try the recovery menue ? Did you try to start the PS3 with jaibreak again , wich payload do you use ? Did you install any gamedata from the AC3 disc ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I'm getting no error now, I managed to format the disk and install 3.41, but as soon as it boots into the dashboard, it freezes and the PS3 doesn't respond.

I didn't try to restart with the jailbreak again, I'll test that. Never knew there was a recovery menu, going to try that.

I'm using the following payload "x3max_hermes_v4b_psn_3.41"

And I didnt install any game data, it was being loaded from the ext.

I had the exact same problem with Assassin, Peed me off Had format my PS3 lost all data(about 10 games). You have to have BD in the drive-tray to play the game

I did a quick format through the console & it works fine now. But the funny thing is when tried to play the game again I cant, I get to the very beginning where the solar system is floating around & that's it it stays like it for ages, so I get bored & switch it off

This happened to me as well... the reason is that for some reason if you try to play it without a disc in the drive, when you quit the game it tries to bring up the disc icon on the xmb and crashes.

Its simple to fix though, just format your hdd via the recovery menu and make sure you launch the game with a disc in the drive. When this happened to me I was freaking out thinking it was sony's counter attack for having jb ps3's on psn.

yeah the recovery menu, fixed the system again, i haven't tried to play it again yet, at least my PS3 is working again now

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News