[UnAnswered] Using PS3 game save on another PS3?

:?? :?? Here's a question, say I and a friend both have a PS3, so If I want to use my game save on his system, how do I do that? I mean with the PS2 we all have the removable memory card so that was a good thing. So how do we do this with the PS3?

Well, if you've both got a 60gb ps3 then you can copy your saves to any memory stick that you've got that's readable with the ps3's card readers (MemoryStick/SD/CompactFlash). If not, then the other method, which works for both 20gb and 60gb models is to copy your saves to a connected usb device (flash drive, portable hdd, ipod) then just copy it off the drive and onto your friends ps3.

but I thought I read that you can't transfer save out otherwise it'll be unreadable... or is that for the PS1/2 saves.... I forgot where I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    but I thought I read that you can't transfer save out otherwise it'll be unreadable... or is that for the PS1/2 saves.... I forgot where I read that.
    If you have a PSP handy or mini flash drive handy, this is one way of doing the tranfer. I used my PSP and transfered all my saves to it via usb cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    You might be thinking of the Wii because as far as I know both PS1/2 games and PS3 games are easily transferable between consoles as long as you keep them in the right folders.

I know for sure that PS3 games can be transferred from one console to the other using my Ipod (you can even go as far as uploading your save games onto the net, downloading them, and importing them), and I'm pretty close to positive the same can be done with PS1/2 saves as well.