Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Using FTP to backup HDD & restore to new HDD

Sponsored Links
    I want to buy a new internal HDD for my jailbroken PS3. I will use the FTP program to copy my entire HDD (or just the saves, DLC etc) to my PC, and then install the new HDD and then copy everything back over. Is this possible?
    Best Answer - Posted by Pcsx2006:

Yes it is possible. But as far as i know only backups, gamesaves, images, videos, music can be copied as there folder are commonly used btw dont know about dlc's & psn games.

with ps3 ftp but u can make backup of entire hdd using ps3's default backing up option.

even psn dlc's and psn games but no backups.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes it is possible. But as far as i know only backups, gamesaves, images, videos, music can be copied as there folder are commonly used btw dont know about dlc's & psn games.

with ps3 ftp but u can make backup of entire hdd using ps3's default backing up option.

even psn dlc's and psn games but no backups.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-11-2010 at 03:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    not actually positive if this works or not, the system has a built in backup/transfer functionality though.

I don't think all your DLC and protected-saves are copied with the in-built backup/restore. Guess I'll just de-activate it before I swap out the old HDD, and try and find out where the protected saves are held.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News