Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Use Elgato Game Cap Encoder with PC/Adobe help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey forum,

I've got the Elgato Game Capture and the quality it provides is stunning. Now i've decided to test out its capabilities so i recorded some gameplay from the last of us demo with the gamecap at 17mpbs.

As i wanted to add some improvements to the videos i edited them, using Adobe Première Pro CS6, adding some fixes to contrast in certain segements, cutting out unnecessary deaths and time pauses, sharpeneing the video and adding a watermark.

So with Premiere Pro i had to of course, re-encode the video. This is done using my PC hardware. In H264 at 720P HD , 29 FPS with 8Mbps bitrate and 2 passes my PC says it will finish encoding the 20min video in 3.5hours.

Now is there any way I can use the hardware inside the elgato to re-encode my video rather than using my PC and keeping its CPU at 100% for 4 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that's normal, to me I used to encode videos on Sony Vegas with some minor editing like what you did, and do use the Nvidia CUDA Video Encoding acceleration plugin. Since my PC had 2 GPUs the encoding of a HD video 1080p took only 20mins at the length of 12mins video

encoding a video through MIPS instruction (which is most of the x86 based application and processors are) are much slower than FLOPS. I know that PS3 can be used a video encoder with the combination of a PC on the end side to send the video file to PS3 and PS3 will encode it on the fly and sent back to PC with the encoded video.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think you can use the hardware inside the elgato because it has nothing to do with the PC functioning itself. You would need to use some a good program such as Sony Vegas or SQUEEZE 9. I believe those are the best you could use although it will use your PC Hardware to function.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News