Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] USB Firm Loader 0.2 Problem!

Sponsored Links
    So I copied my dev_flash folder to a USB, plugged the USB into my PS3, installed the USB Firm Loader pkg, and ran it.

My PS3 began to reboot, and it said connect a controller with a USB cable, so I did. The controllers wouldn't sync, so I pressed and held the reset button until my PS3 would turn off. Then I turned it back on without anything in the USB ports, and it gives me the same message, but this time, my controllers will sync.

Now it displays the message that my PS3's firmware cannot be ran, and I must insert a USB with firmware 3.41 or newer on it.

What can I do to fix this problem? Obviously the CFW loader is not working.
    Best Answer - Posted by spark32:

My solution was kind of funny. You know how people at Playstation Repair centres use their Jig to fix PS3's? I just booted it with the Jailbreak, and it fixed it.

So this thread can be marked as answered.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    your using it seems your using a version of psgroove that doesnt have the peek/poke thingy update it to psgroove 1.1 and the ps3 just hard reset and press the ps button

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My PS Groove version is the Hermes Payload V1 (iPod Rockbox version).
    Last edited by spark32; 10-03-2010 at 03:30 AM

First of all - there is already v0.3 of loader here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ab-113097.html

And it looks like your hard drive / FW got corrupted so you'd need to download 3.41 to your PC and put it into USB Flash drive in the folder like this: X:/PS3/UPDATE/UPDATE.PUB and let PS3 to reinstall it. Worst case scenario is though that your whole internal hard drive would be reformated and all your data on it lost. (Just a mild reminder of importance of the backups, especially if somebody is tinkering with their system like this)

My solution was kind of funny. You know how people at Playstation Repair centres use their Jig to fix PS3's? I just booted it with the Jailbreak, and it fixed it.

So this thread can be marked as answered.

Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    Good to know - thanks

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News