Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] USB Break 1.1 & JB Online Question?

Sponsored Links
    Hello there

I have done a bit of research during the last week or so but would like if I may to ask for assistance in jailbreaking my PS3. I am sure you are sick of people asking for help. I have a USBBreak 1.1 and understand that I can use PSGroove PL3 (psgroove_PL3_defaut) instead of hermes and then use Gaia_V1.03.

I however do not know which board is used on the USB break 1.1 pen drive and don't understand which folder to copy to the pen or the hex code within the appropriate folder. I would love some guidance on this please . As the pen is upgradable, is it a simple case of copying across the ps3groove .hex file and gaia.pkg file? As this is upgradable, I guess copying to it must be possible.

My final question is as follows, If I do all this PS3 JB stuff and keep offline and then restore the PS3 and format the drive, I will be able to use online normally without any evidence of previous JB which would result in a ban? (I may decide it's not worthwhile ).

Kind regards,
    Lucy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My USB dongle uses a software to flash the payloads so I can't help you with that.

But to answer your latter question; Yes. You can absolutely go online if you decide to, and you really don't need to reformat your PS3, its as simple as restarting your PS3 to get it back to normal. No one will know that you ever had the jailbreak on it, even if you upgrade and do go online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevapi View Post
    But to answer your latter question; Yes. You can absolutely go online if you decide to, and you really don't need to reformat your PS3, its as simple as restarting your PS3 to get it back to normal. No one will know that you ever had the jailbreak on it, even if you upgrade and do go online.
    Sadly - that's quite incorrect PS3 stores logs of ran games and apps and Sony might still detect PS3 as being JB-en in the past even if you'll go online in the normal mode. The full sytem restore / reformat might avoid that but it's still not confirmed if this would really get rid of ALL traces of your tinkering with the system.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Sadly - that's quite incorrect PS3 stores logs of ran games and apps and Sony might still detect PS3 as being JB-en in the past even if you'll go online in the normal mode. The full sytem restore / reformat might avoid that but it's still not confirmed if this would really get rid of ALL traces of your tinkering with the system.
    Yikes! Where are such logs stored?

I doubt there would be logs stored in FW prior to 3.50 in an area that remains even after a format/restore. You have to remember that in those firmwares, they did not know about the JB method and probably did not include a check. I would assume that it is perfectly safe if you restore and format the HD. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

When you say there is software, do you mean if you plug in the USB Break 1.1 to your PC, there is software on the storage medium that allows you to choose a payload?

Lucy

No. I use the X3 MAX USB dongle and they provide their own software on their site that flashes .hex and payload files onto the dongle.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News