Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] US Firmware Upgrade on JAP PS3

Sponsored Links
    I bought a japanese PS3 with Firmware 1.10. Now i want to upgade the Firmware to 1.32 US. Is it possible to upgade this japanes PS3 with a US Firmware? I am worry to brick the PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It shouldn't brick anything. I upgraded my JPN 1.10 PS3 to US 1.32 a while ago and it works fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Im sure sony would have thought of this and if it wasnt supposed to work they wouldnt allow you to upgrade the FW. But honestly this is the first I have heard that you could use US FW on JP PS3. I must have missed something.

I personally wouldn't do it, just for the reasons of violating your warranty (they explicitly state not to use any firmware thats not for your machines region) and the idea of bricking a PS3.

Not to say for 100% sure that nothing bad will or wont happen.

On PSP i always used JAP and USA fw without take care about the region, i didn't try on PS3 but i suppose that it's the same thing.

I dont think this would cause any problems because if u think about it the games are region free so if u have a jap system and decided to wait for motorstorm usa for the online play i am guessing it will come with the update on the disc so if it would damage the system sony would have made the games so they wasnt region free.

I am only guessing and i havent tried it, this may work as an advantage and take the censorship off the jap system ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ezikio View Post
    It shouldn't brick anything. I upgraded my JPN 1.10 PS3 to US 1.32 a while ago and it works fine.
    Does it get rid of the censorship ?? ie blood in resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWAFC View Post
    Does it get rid of the censorship ? ie blood in resistance.
    It's still censored - and yes, I do have the Japanese copy of Resistance.

The good news though is that I haven't run into any problems ever since updating to US 1.32 firmware on a Japanese PS3. It's been well over a month.

Sorry for the OT, what version of Resistance is censored? Jap or USA?

Thank you for your answers. I decide to upgrade to 1.32 US and did it half an hour ago. I can run Fedora5 which i install under 1.10 an as far i can see all other functions are still working. :]

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News