Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikio View Post
    It's still censored - and yes, I do have the Japanese copy of Resistance.

The good news though is that I haven't run into any problems ever since updating to US 1.32 firmware on a Japanese PS3. It's been well over a month.
    Thanks for the info mate, the save game isnt any hassle at all but i hope they dont put a stop to it, very strang that sony did this as the jap systems have always been the best.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    S0ny have not allowed you to do anything, all the firmware from 1.00 to 1.54 are the exact same file whichever region you downloaded it from, the difference happens when the firmware is extracted and installed.

You can check this out by downloading the files from different regions and doing a MD5 checksum on each file, you will find the checksum is the same, this was/is exactly the same for the PSP.

Odia.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have two questions for those who have upgraded their japanese consoles using the US firmware. I plan to do the same, but I'm stuck right now as I've upgraded already to v.1.54, I'll have to wait until they release a new version.

1) After the upgrade do you have the O and the X buttons working back as in the US consoles (not reversed as in the japanese)?

2) Are you able to play original PS2 games from the US region?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Pal firmware on a ntsc ps3?

Sponsored Links
    Would this be possible? Could is possible get rid of the dvd/blueray zones (ie zone1 into zone2) by installing pal firmware? Or is the firmware on the dvd drive whats stopping the playing of the discs?

firmware pal

i thought of this too.. i was thinking would it be possible to download the latest ps3 firmware from the ps3 GB store slam it onto dvd. update from dvd. but i think all firmware released by sony are the same..

Quote Originally Posted by adolfo View Post
    1) After the upgrade do you have the O and the X buttons working back as in the US consoles (not reversed as in the japanese)?

2) Are you able to play original PS2 games from the US region?

Thanks.
    To 1) unfortunately the buttons are still reversed like before

To 2) i have only Pal Games so im srewed up so or so

Does anyone know if putting pal firmware on a ntsc would work? Would it eliminate the ntsc zones and be able to play pal dvds?

Quote Originally Posted by HaNsnz View Post
    Does anyone know if putting pal firmware on a ntsc would work? Would it eliminate the ntsc zones and be able to play pal dvds?
    I am not soloing you out... it's been asked several times and you were the last one. I would honestly be scared to install the PAL firmware 1.6+, even if you could (I bet it will be locked out), on a US/JAP console.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News