Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Upgrading to PS3 OFW Firmware help?

Sponsored Links
    When I have 3.55 kmeaw installed and want to upgrade to 3.72 original can I update by just installing the 3.72 OFW?

Do i need to uninstall anything before I do so?
    Best Answer - Posted by HeyManHRU:

Just re-format the HDD (to erase the data) or do what HellX said and delete all your Homebrew + Games stored in the HDD and you should be safe.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no, just update.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    delete all installed games from your HDD (GAMES folder) and anything else CFW related.

Just re-format the HDD (to erase the data) or do what HellX said and delete all your Homebrew + Games stored in the HDD and you should be safe.

Tbh, I kept all of my homebrew on my PS3 from 3.55 and I've updated everytime and still never got banned. So ya never know.

I haven't heard any reports of people getting banned for having homebrew on a OFW PS3, but it's best to delete the homebrew just for safety measures. Like you said, you never know.

i updated from kmeaw to 3.73 and was fine.. i never did go online with it though as i sold it on ebay and they wanted it on the latest fw... LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News