Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Upgrading PS3 Harddrive CFW 3.55 help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm looking for a little advice. My PS3 currently has a 80gb hardrive in, which I want to upgrade. I am currently running kmeaw 3.55 CFW with FckPSN installed.

I have read that its best to change the harddrive when running OFW. Can I just install 3.55 OFW over the top of kmeaw 3.55 CFW? and then change the drive?

If so after I have changed the drive what CFW do people think is the best to upgrade to? Shall I stick with 3.55cfw or go straight for one of the newer releases?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I believe you can install OFW 3.55 over kmeaw from recovery mode then make a backup of your ofw with an external hard drive formatted to fat32, then put it in a new hard drive then restore backup to new drive then install cfw 3.55 kmeaw again from recovery at least that's what i did to install a 500gb hard drive hope this helps

Forgot one tidbit in order to backup your hard drive after you have installed ofw 3.55 go to settings then systems settings then backup utility then of course backup make sure your external hard drive you are using to backup your drive has enough space on it and make sure your external hard drive is formatted to fat32 ok that should be it
    Last edited by Tek9; 11-21-2012 at 03:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK you can install ofw over it however if your ps3 is downgraded make sure that you use q & a on the ps3 first and then do the switch. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Please check out my video on how to change your internal HDD in your ps3... If you have any other questions please dont hesitate to contact me via a private message....

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News