Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] upgrading my ps3 fat and slim harddrives help?

Sponsored Links
    hello everyone, i hope there is someone who can help here. i am trying to upgrade my harddrives in my ps3's to a larger size but cannot seem to get it to work. each time i try it says that the system cannot be started correctly. i have put a new drive in and it has been formatted to be compatible as fat32.

i have connected a usb drive with the correct firmware but system says there is no compatible data..

is it possible that a jailbroken ps3 will not start correctly if you try to upgrade the harddrive?

can someone please help?
    Aussiegamer
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

If it's from the initial PS3 Firmware 3.41 release you may want to read HERE, since then Sony reissued PS3 Firmware 3.41 to fix the HDD issues though.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    If it's from the initial PS3 Firmware 3.41 release you may want to read HERE, since then Sony reissued PS3 Firmware 3.41 to fix the HDD issues though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Also make sure your USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and the firmware (3.41) is placed in the proper folder (in this case within PS3\UPDATE).

Hey thanks for you help. the info you gave me certainly did help in figuring out how to do all of this. have now successfully upgraded to a bigger harddrive.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News