Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Upgrade from Rebug 4.46 to Rogero 4.55, BD no longer works help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi Guys,

I apologize if this has been addressed a million times. If this is common knowledge, I'm having a Forum Search fail...

As the topic says, I recently upgraded from Rebug 4.46 to Rogero 4.55 1.00b. Since the upgrade, my BD icon on the XMB has disappeared. I'm unable to play original game discs, or original Blu-Rays. I updated to MM 4.55.01 - when I try to launch a game from the PS3 folder on the XMB - it goes to black screen then dumps me back to XMB. In short, I can't play original games, backups, or Blu-Rays...

However, I'm at least certain that I didn't accidentally update to OFW because MM still launches, and my games that launch from XMB launch fine...

My console is an old PS3 Fat, CECHG01, CEX.

Things I've tried;
    • Updated f/w to Rogero 4.55 1.00b via XMB (no disc in tray, no internet connected during upgrade)
    • Uninstalled MM and re-installed from 4.55.01 CEX Base.
    • Ensured that BD Emulator is checked in MM.

Any input would be appreciated... maybe Rogero 4.55 doesn't play nicely with Phat's? Do I have to roll back to Rebug?

Thanks.
    Best Answer - Posted by akariz:

try downgrading process here:

and reinstall all back again up to rogero and you should be all up n running in no time m8

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok first check in Multiman Settings

Hide BD-ROM Disc from Game List

Sets appearance of BD-ROM disc entry in the game list.

- Yes: hides it.
    - No

You could also try reinstalling Rogero 4.55 CFW and see if that fixes it. If you installed first time in XMB, then reinstall in Recovery or vice versa.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would just add to this what Windrider told to try reinstall in safe mode this my help , and rebuilt database it's long shot but it my help

Thumbs Up downgrade process

try downgrading process here:

and reinstall all back again up to rogero and you should be all up n running in no time m8
    Last edited by akariz; 07-14-2014 at 10:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks to all repliers - will try these suggestions and report back. I've got a young family, so PS3 time can be limited. Not ignoring anyone - will mark this solved as soon as I can!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News