Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Updating PS3 firmware file help?

Sponsored Links
    can i get the file that i put in the usb stick with the update so it will update automatic even the ps3 won't boot to safe mode?
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

If it is custom firmware then it would be different then official firmware. Thanks.

If it is cfw it is safer to put it in service mode to update it. But if it ofw you can put it on a USB and then go to update on the ps3 menu and go to storage device. And update it that way. However if you are changing from one custom firmware to another you will have to use recovery mode to flash the ofw and than use recovery mode to flash the new cfw to it. This is way that I have been doing it. Thanks and I hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't really get the question, from what I understand you want to update the PS3 without going into safe mode.

Can you try rephrasing your question so we (or maybe just myself) can understand it better ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think there are a way to update the ps3 by just insert the usb stick with some file and the update file. thay call it level2diagfile1 i really didn't understand it all. or is there are a file that restore the ps3 factory or somthing like that.

What are you trying to update it to? That would be to know.

Umm... well yes. But please give more details.

If it is custom firmware then it would be different then official firmware. Thanks.

If it is cfw it is safer to put it in service mode to update it. But if it ofw you can put it on a USB and then go to update on the ps3 menu and go to storage device. And update it that way. However if you are changing from one custom firmware to another you will have to use recovery mode to flash the ofw and than use recovery mode to flash the new cfw to it. This is way that I have been doing it. Thanks and I hope this helps.
    Last edited by racer0018; 10-06-2011 at 09:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News