Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Updating to a previous fw than the latest?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I have a 1.32fw ps3 and am thinking of updating to 1.51 to take advantage of the online stuff. How do I update a ps3 to that specific fw. I found a 1.51 ps3update.pup file, but don't know how to install it.

Thanks

Todd

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    get a memory card or USB HDD, or thumb drive, make a folder called PS3 then inside that make another called UPDATE. now put the update file called PS3UPDAT.PUP in the UPDATE folder. Put media into PS3 then browse to System Update. Choose Update via Storage Media and the PS3 looks for file, if it finds it start update and follow directions on screen.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have version 1.51 and it wont let me log into the ps store. it says i need an update.

so what is the lowest firmware you can use to get into the ps store?

you need to have 1.5x and then reroute the dns to your pc.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Calos View Post
    is it not the same as psp?

psp\game\update\eboot.pbp

also can you have just done that bypass thing, so you didn't have to update. updating is the worst thing you can do.
    No it is not the same, look it up I did.

and you have to have at least 1.51 to bypass fw if i am not mistaken. read the bypass fw thread it says.

Thanks for the replies! the FW load seems straight forward. I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade from 1.32, but also feeling like if I go to 1.51, I can at least do some of the online stuff until a loader comes out. Does that make sense to most or would you stick at 1.32?

Quote Originally Posted by uxb666 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! the FW load seems straight forward. I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade from 1.32, but also feeling like if I go to 1.51, I can at least do some of the online stuff until a loader comes out. Does that make sense to most or would you stick at 1.32?
    1.5 is still considered a safe point for the loader, as claimed by PDX themselves. So I see no harm. But it is your choice after all.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News