Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Updating Just Cause 2 problem help?

Sponsored Links
    So I've tried updating my jailbroken backup of Just Cause 2 to 1.02 so I can get it to work with my japanese ps3 without success so far.

I used PS3 proxy server to download to my PC the 1.02 update (EP0082-BLES00517_00-JUSTCAUSE2PATCH2-A0102-V0100-PE.pkg 24,239kb), used demo manager to create a folder with the install package in and FTPd it to vsh/task, turned off and on without jailbreak, installed package, replaced the eboot.bin in the hdd0/game/BLES00517/usrdir folder with the original eboot.bin from the game rip and no success.

I've tried doing this without replacing the eboot.bin, and by uninstalling game data and then installing the patch and then installing the game data again, but it won't work. Anyone have a solution to this? Thanks, would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In majority cases you'd need to install all previous updates as well so it there is also 1.01 update try to downlad and install that first - might resolve the problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ah right! Problem is I have no way to find the 1.01 update that I know of, I can get the 1.02 update using ps3 proxy server, and I can't find the 1.01 update using the PSN download links. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by suntorytimo View Post
    Ah right! Problem is I have no way to find the 1.01 update that I know of, I can get the 1.02 update using ps3 proxy server, and I can't find the 1.01 update using the PSN download links. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help
    That won't work anyway mate , i'm sorry. These PKG`s you`re using are RETAIL, and even if you replace your eboot.bin after update your game is NOT UPDATED!

You have to use DEBUG PKG`s , to get here: http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...=ps3-debug&s=7

You can install them fine in JB mode with "install PKG" and also you dont have to replace the eboot.bin. I`ve tried several games with this method and all works fine,,,i.e. uncharted 2 up to update 1.09!

Also ALL Updates have to be installed in a chain i.e. 1.01,1.02,1.03....., thats very important!

Greets Modmate

Aha! Thanks very much! Shame the debug pkg searcher can't find any for just cause 2, if you find the 1.01 update let me know, thanks again!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News