Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Updating game's software with eboot exploit help?

Sponsored Links
    I downloaded Need For Speed hot pursuit's pkg file from the sticky thread on this forum and installed it. Then, I transferred all the files without overwriting anything.

Once I was done, I went to play it and it started running fine until it asked to update my game software. I'm kind of a noob to doing all this stuff, so I said yes, thinking it would just overwrite what game files it needed to and it would be done.

After it installed the software, I got an error and the update closed back to the XMB. The icon for NFS had disappered, but the folder was still on my hard drive. My guess is that it overwrote on files it needed. My question is how do I update the game (if I can) without ruining the eboot file?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Unfortunately the update replaced the patched EBOOT with a new one, sadly many of the EBOOTs in the updates are encrypted so can't be patched (yet).

Use ftp to remove the folder and reinstall should be ok then but don't forget to press NO when it asks to update.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Remove what folder and reinstall which folder. When I press NO I get a black screen (NFS HP)

so i can't be signed in to the playstation network when it asks me to?

i got it to work, playing right now. problem is that it keeps asking me to sign in to psn, not even sure if it will let me save.
    Last edited by 1000cleverlines; 01-11-2011 at 08:34 PM

How did you get it to work? I made a pkg for transformers: revenge of the fallen and it has the same troubles you describe.

You can.. You need to unpack the files (what you want here is EBOOT.BIN, but there's probably more files that are updated) from the update pkg, decrypt it, patch the device access (dev_bdvd to dev_hdd0 or whatever), reSELF the EBOOT.BIN and, NOT SURE ON THIS ONE, FTP them back in your game's folder. If this can't be done, unpack the files and all, and instead of FTP'ing them back to the game folder, repackage them and see if you can update with this.

i tried call of duty black ops and it also asks for update so what i think needs to be done is the updated eboot 1.05 (for black ops) needs to be patched and then should work fine in theory.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News