Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] Unknown folder under games locks up when opened?

Sponsored Links
    I have my games in folders. Homebrew, PS3, PS1 Minis. I have an unknown icon. Its in the folder UNKNOWN. If I open that folder it locks up the whole system.

I went through the HDD0/GAMES dir and there are no corrupt entries. All are games with proper icons and I believe they all work.

Where can I find this UNKNOWN dir? IS there a way to remove this unknown app from XMB via FTP as I cant get into the folder to delete it.

When I add a new app/game it firsts goes into the unknown dir, so I cant add anything new as I can't remove it from the unknown dir.

Any ideas?
    Best Answer - Posted by chronoz:

This happened to me to, just do a database restore from the recovery menu to solve the problem, don't worry, you don't lost anything. I did it 2 times on my jailbroken ps3!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Enter recovery menu and recover your PS3. This happened to me when i forced shutdown the PS3 before it deleted my whole games dir (the time when the BMs had the games inside their folders)

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does that kill everything on the HDD? Is there a way where I can keep my games and data?

I already tried "restore file system" and that didn't fix it. I'm looking through it now via FTP and deleting cache files.

Also, the LOST & FOUND dir, can that be deleted? it looks like its just full of crap. It's got icons from files I haven't had installed for months.
    Last edited by Jes03; 11-19-2010 at 09:23 AM

This happened to me to, just do a database restore from the recovery menu to solve the problem, don't worry, you don't lost anything. I did it 2 times on my jailbroken ps3!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News