Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Unban PS3 by changing the motherboard ?

Sponsored Links
    I own a 2007 PS3 80GB CECHE01 console, banned 2 years ago. I had a cfw hermes 3.41 version installed on this PS3 for a long time. Yesterday, I decided to upgrade the ps3 to that latest version which is 3.70 (thinking that it wasn't going to be banned anymore). After upgrading, I tried to log in with my new account and received a message saying that I'm "Permantly banned". Now I'm stuck with no custom firmware and banned.

Here's my question, Can I unban my console changing the motherboard? If yes, would it work with a 20gb ceche01mg console motherboard ?  
    Best Answer - Posted by oVERSoLDiER:

The MAC-Address is inside your network adapter. So you just need to get a new W-LAN module and connect with it to your router. It should work but I didn't rest it yet. It's much cheaper and a way easier to change than the whole motherboard. Try to get an used/new adapter and let us know if it works.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Technically yes, because I think that bans are based on a serial number or MAC address of the machine, which is embedded in the motherboard. However, that would involve having to remarry the BD drive to the new board and would pretty much be a giant pain in the rear. I would sell the banned PS3 to someone (tell the buyer it's banned of course) and look for a used PS3 that hasn't been updated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why did you get a permanent ban?

Reported by a noob user ( I guess it was a little kid ) after beating him 3 times in a row at Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I also gave sony a call couples of times and nothing.

surely you can't be banned for that.. were you cheating? i thought they would only ban you from the game not psn all together..

Were you using CFW/JB and a PSN hack to get online? That seems to me to be the more likely source of a permaban.

The MAC-Address is inside your network adapter. So you just need to get a new W-LAN module and connect with it to your router. It should work but I didn't rest it yet. It's much cheaper and a way easier to change than the whole motherboard. Try to get an used/new adapter and let us know if it works.

he said it was banned 2 years ago.. long before jailbreak.. hmmmm

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News