Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] two ps3 questions help

Sponsored Links
    Well i have 2 questions.

I got my ps3 last xmas, and since then i suddenly once shut down my ps3 from back and ever since my only ps3 controller has been acting as controller 2 i know how to switch it back but not how to make it 1 by default.

and question 2 is i am really thinking about putting linux on my ps3 but i want to know if i can allot more than 10gb since i have 160gb hdd on my ps3.
    Best Answer - Posted by Thorm08:

Quote Originally Posted by Rev2k9 View Post
    Well i have 2 questions.

I got my ps3 last xmas, and since then i suddenly once shut down my ps3 from back and ever since my only ps3 controller has been acting as controller 2 i know how to switch it back but not how to make it 1 by default.

and question 2 is i am really thinking about putting linux on my ps3 but i want to know if i can allot more than 10gb since i have 160gb hdd on my ps3.
    Hold the PS-button on the controller down, and go to "Reset controller number" (Just look for something like that, I can't remember exactly what it says TBH) and from there you can set your controller as #1, #2 etc.

Remember, if you have a guitar hero wireless usb receiver plugged in, it will always take the first controller spot - you can just take it out when not using it, or do as described above to regain your #1 controller

I'm not really educated on the alternative (or, OtherOS) operating sys you can install, other than some Linux versions will work. You might wanna read up on it before making mistakes.. would be sad to brick such a fine machinery

good luck mate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev2k9 View Post
    Well i have 2 questions.

Hold the PS-button on the controller down, and go to "Reset controller number" (Just look for something like that, I can't remember exactly what it says TBH) and from there you can set your controller as #1, #2 etc.

Remember, if you have a guitar hero wireless usb receiver plugged in, it will always take the first controller spot - you can just take it out when not using it, or do as described above to regain your #1 controller

I'm not really educated on the alternative (or, OtherOS) operating sys you can install, other than some Linux versions will work. You might wanna read up on it before making mistakes.. would be sad to brick such a fine machinery

good luck mate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The current firmware doesn't allow a bigger partition throught the usual ps3 formating system, the only format available is a 10gb partition. However if you can hook your hdd on a pc you could try use partition magic to resize the partitions. Some people suggest that it is possible to do so with yellowdog linux, but im not familiar with the process.

you can't allot more than ten gb's, as for the syncing check if you have a guitar hero dongle pluged in they really screwed up that design.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News