Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Two internal HDD

Sponsored Links
    What happens if you have two internal HDD.

One to play the original games. And second one to install the backup manager and playing backups.

Will replacements required format? Or will it work without formatting?(both hdd)

sory for bad english
    Best Answer - Posted by GrandpaHomer:

None of you actually replied to OP's question ...

Yes - you can have two different hard drives and swap them around as needed and PS3 will not format them upon swap as long as they both come from the same PS3.

However - at the moment - there is no certain prove that by swapping the hard drive you'll get rid of all traces of using homebrew software on your PS3. I just to give a detail read to several threads in forums here discussing this more in details - mainly FTP, ninja backup manager and all the long ones related to JB and it's free variants or clones.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nothing happens. PS3 only has one connector for SATA and power so only one drive can be used internaly you can have an external drive on the usb port at the same time with no problem.

but as far as iam aware you can only ever have one internal drive for the system if you try to use 2 the ps3 will format the other one when its swaped back. some one clarify if thats wrong.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can try getting a NAS and connecting it to the internal SATA connector. Then you can have a LARGE library of games.

None of you actually replied to OP's question ...

Yes - you can have two different hard drives and swap them around as needed and PS3 will not format them upon swap as long as they both come from the same PS3.

However - at the moment - there is no certain prove that by swapping the hard drive you'll get rid of all traces of using homebrew software on your PS3. I just to give a detail read to several threads in forums here discussing this more in details - mainly FTP, ninja backup manager and all the long ones related to JB and it's free variants or clones.

Quote Originally Posted by peshkohacka View Post
    You can try getting a NAS and connecting it to the internal SATA connector. Then you can have a LARGE library of games.
    NAS boxes dont connect to the host via SATA
    they connect Via USB2/3 or RJ45

you can only have 1 SATA drive per SATA channel

You can swap between two internal hard drives without reformatting. Obviously you cannot connect two internal hard drives simultaneously since there is only one SATA port.

I know swapping between hard drives works because twice my 500GB internal died and had to be replaced (Maxtor garbage ). Both times I swapped back to my original 60GB so that I could continue to use my PS3 and all my original content was available. It did do a database upgrade once though.

Yeah i probably got this wrong, but there is cases in which you can RAID a few SATA's and have a pretty decent storage/speed ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    You can swap between two internal hard drives without reformatting. Obviously you cannot connect two internal hard drives simultaneously since there is only one SATA port.

I know swapping between hard drives works because twice my 500GB internal died and had to be replaced (Maxtor garbage ). Both times I swapped back to my original 60GB so that I could continue to use my PS3 and all my original content was available. It did do a database upgrade once though.
    thanks for clearing up the drive swaping thing, which is what i wasn't sure about.

since u can play with online games only with 3.42 u cant play with the hacked one.

so if u update the ps3 for the originals, u cant swap the 3.41 back because the internal chip has itself updated. and it asks for 3.42 update.

so u can't

if you are on 3.41 and have backed up your games, then you can have several HDDs with games on and just swap them over when you need to.

this has nothing to do with being at 3.42.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News