Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] Trying to fix the PS3 no disc read!

Sponsored Links
    Hi all, im gunna try get to the bottom of this disc read nightmare!!!

any help would be appreciated!
    Best Answer - Posted by saviour07:

yeh if you can give more details about what you want to do - fix the read error yourself, get people to help you/give you info on how to fix the read error - then that would help us to help you

so far i think the best option is to use your warranty with Sony to swap for a new ps3, and if you don't have a warranty, read the tuts on how to swap the blue ray laser yourself

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What's the problem exactly?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeh if you can give more details about what you want to do - fix the read error yourself, get people to help you/give you info on how to fix the read error - then that would help us to help you

so far i think the best option is to use your warranty with Sony to swap for a new ps3, and if you don't have a warranty, read the tuts on how to swap the blue ray laser yourself

Thannks for the replies

My ps3 has been on and off with reading bluray discs(+games), but audio and normal dvd seems to work! This occured 2 months ago and now i think its permenent, with only 1 night of fun with SF4 (20/2/09), the rest of the system is fine.

I have had the PS3 since late Dec 2007 (just over a year) its the 40gb model with the KES-400a and Kem-400aaa. I have tried the 2 beep trick to fix any corrupt drive problems with no success :-( Any ideas on what my options are?

I think i will try calling Sony tomorrow.

When you say that its been "on and off with reading blu ray" do you mean that it sometimes reads blu ray and sometimes wont?

Is it recognising the disc as being IN the console - the disc icon showing in the game/video section of the xmb?

If it's not recognizing the disc then i recommend calling sony to fix it for ya, but if it does recognise the disc but theres just no video on the screen when playing then it could be somethin to do with your AV or hdmi cable.

Not sure exactly what the answer is but I am having the same problem...

Brief history:

- PS3 60gb
    - Will play audio and standard dvd's
    - will NOT play bd movies nor PS3 games
    - the icon in the top right sows that it tried to read the PS3 game but then it disappears and no game logo shows (I have auto start on)
    - I can hear the drive spinning when i put a disc in so I know its not the motor

I already replaced the lens [KES-400] ---> That didn't fix it.

Now I am looking into replacing the Drive Board (the rectangle shaped board attached to the BD Drive) I really hate to spend more money on this problem so if anyone has any input please elaborate

Lightbulb fixing ps3

you should clean your ps3 system out with a disc made for doing just that. You can usually get them from walmart, or you can take it to a place to get it taken apart and fixed and or cleaned.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoldps3 View Post
    Not sure exactly what the answer is but I am having the same problem...

Brief history:

- PS3 60gb
    - Will play audio and standard dvd's
    - will NOT play bd movies nor PS3 games
    - the icon in the top right sows that it tried to read the PS3 game but then it disappears and no game logo shows (I have auto start on)
    - I can hear the drive spinning when i put a disc in so I know its not the motor

I already replaced the lens [KES-400] ---> That didn't fix it.

Now I am looking into replacing the Drive Board (the rectangle shaped board attached to the BD Drive) I really hate to spend more money on this problem so if anyone has any input please elaborate
    alot of the kes-400a lasers out there are referb's being sold as new after being fitted with a new diode. It is possible you may have got a bad one...

But if the laser is totally dead the drive wont spin up....and to replace the drive board you will have to also swap the spansion chip so all this could end up costing you more than a out of warranty repair from sony.

I would try to get a refund on the "new" laser you bought if it doesnt read blueray but does dvd and cd and buy one from another seller.

just my recommendation though.

good luck to you.

This exact problem happened to my friends ps3. He had to send it in for a replacement.

A similar thing happened to my ps3 - mine would not read ANY discs even cds or dvds. I sent mine for a replacement also.

That was about a year ago and so far no problems.

My first PS3 (EU 60GB) stopped reading all discs after a while, contacted Sony and got a replacement unit. Now over a year later this one is starting to play up, with it not detecting discs every so often (currently this is resolved by ejecting the disc and reinserting).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News