Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Transferring PS3 game saves help

Sponsored Links
    I used ps3ftp server to transfer over my saves from a older HDD and attempted to transfer them to a new drive. The file transferred successfully but I cannot see them under the save game manager in the PS3. I have read past threads regarding this issue and tried using a USB stick to transfer the saves back. There are two problems with this method:

1) i have to do it one-by-one and with 300 some saves, its not feasible to manually transfer them

2) all the timestamps for the save files reflect the date that I transferred them onto my computer through the FTP server (not the original timestamp when the save was actually made ingame), even though I set WINSCP to preserve timestamps.

Is there a way to make the save games show up when I transfer them back using PS3 FTP server?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by userix View Post
    Is there a way to make the save games show up when I transfer them back using PS3 FTP server?
    I think not my friend.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    the gamesave is connected to your profile, maybe you need to transfer your profile over too or the entire 0000001 folder or whatever your is.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by lyoth View Post
    the gamesave is connected to your profile, maybe you need to transfer your profile over too or the entire 0000001 folder or whatever your is.
    That is what I did, but the saves do not show up. I pretty much copied the whole drive through PS3 FTP and then copied everything back to the new drive. but the save don't show up.

Sadly - as Sony is not offering the multiply copy on game saves you'd really need to copy them manually - this apart of excluding the copy protected ones - is major PITA with higher number of game saves but still better than loosing them all and might be in effect faster than pondering around and looking for the solution via FTP.

I personally believe it should be possible to copy via FTP as well (somebody even mentioned it here in the forum a couple of days ago that it worked for him / her although I'm unable to find the thread right now) and might be tha tsomebody is already working on some nice app (either for PS3 or PC side) to automatize the whole process.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News