Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Transferring Old Savegames to New PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Ok, I had a FAT 40GB PS3, that YLOD'd because of my experimentations.

So I bought a new PS3 SLIM, everything is perfect... BUT, i need help, i need to transfer my old savegames from ylod'd ps3 to my slim one.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Only way to access the files from the HDD of the old YLOD PS3 (if you don't have it backed up on other storage) is to reflow the PS3 to get it working at least long enough to copy over save files.

As the PS3 decrypts all files so ONLY that one PS3 can read it...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I got a software YLOD, was messing with CoreOS. Now CoreOS is gone, it was in service mode when i killed it (mistakingly).

I tried everything to reflash it to 3.41/3.50/3.55 but failed... So there is no other way?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not that I am aware of. If you can't get it at least back to service or recovery mode I don't think you'll be able to get your information. I would look into that program that was just released to fix bricked consoles. You need a nand dump, but it might work for you. http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...le-118367.html

Here's a little piece of advice: When working with the dev_flash or any other part of the OS that could result in a non-working OS, always use a spare HD. I swap my original HD back into my PS3 when I'm playing with stuff, so that if I screw it up I don't loose my data.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News