Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] thinking about updating help?

Sponsored Links
    i'm thinking to update my ps3 back to 3.5 after jailbreaking, but i also want to keep some of the stuff that i "inserted" into my ps3 while i could use FTP, such as the dynamic theme. Is it really necessary to format the harddrive before updating to be safe not to get banned going to PSN? Has anyone tried to update to 3.5 after jailbreaking without formating ?

PS: i seriously want to keep the dynamic themes, which works only if i put the file directly into the dev_hdd0/theme.
    Best Answer - Posted by UKbornNbred:

Someone Really got banned? I've 2 PS3 Fat and Slim in my house I Jailbreak both At first but Then decided after a while to update slim to play online and keep fat j.b.

I deleted all the stuff i put on it i could think off before I Updated it to 3.50 But didn't know bout the push lists at that time So missed them.. I Suspect my PS3 Is flagged or something But i aint been banned yet. Played about 24 hours online with it since I updated It, Still online now:-)

If I Get banned I will be sure to let ps3news know, Fingers Crossed I Won't..

I was thinking of emailing sony asking if i updated after Jailbreaking to play my Back ups, would i get banned or something, Hoping for them to reply something like. No you will not get banned if you update ect. So if i got banned i could try sue em for new ps3 LoL.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is a chance you will get banned even if you format the HDD the PS3 stores a log file in the flash, so get a secound PS3 to be safe !

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you are kidding me... i wouldn't want to spend another 300$ for another ps3...

Wait, so the chance for me to be banned is the same regardless i format the HDD
    Last edited by godlyitem; 11-08-2010 at 02:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've heard this brought up before. Doesn't seem to be much proof or evidence behind it... Why don't you take one for the team and upgrade and keep us posted, will you?

If you are going to upgrade to play the newest titles then you will have to sacrifice my friend, Choose which you want more, because you will get banned.. trust me I just did it with my spare ps3. But they can ban me until we have a female president! FU Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisdog View Post
    If you are going to upgrade to play the newest titles then you will have to sacrifice my friend, Choose which you want more, because you will get banned.. trust me I just did it with my spare ps3. But they can ban me until we have a female president! FU Sony.
    Wait you sounded like ppl will get banned for sure... you've seen ppl get banned before?

As i did some researches on this topic, no one has ever given out an answer to whether they did it and get banned or nothing happened.
    Last edited by godlyitem; 11-08-2010 at 10:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same question has anyone actually ever gotten banned? How does anyone know what is stored in the flash? I mean if someone could access it to find out then we would know for sure but this seems like pure assumption at this point, right? If Sony captures data every time you turn on your PS3 and its connect to the internet wouldn't that violate the Internet Privacy Act?

I mean there has not been one confirmed ban at this point and somebody has to have updated their PS3, right? Someone... Anyone shed some light on this issue!

I need an answer too. Gran Turismo is coming out and i wana play it in 3D.

Someone Really got banned? I've 2 PS3 Fat and Slim in my house I Jailbreak both At first but Then decided after a while to update slim to play online and keep fat j.b.

I deleted all the stuff i put on it i could think off before I Updated it to 3.50 But didn't know bout the push lists at that time So missed them.. I Suspect my PS3 Is flagged or something But i aint been banned yet. Played about 24 hours online with it since I updated It, Still online now:-)

If I Get banned I will be sure to let ps3news know, Fingers Crossed I Won't..

I was thinking of emailing sony asking if i updated after Jailbreaking to play my Back ups, would i get banned or something, Hoping for them to reply something like. No you will not get banned if you update ect. So if i got banned i could try sue em for new ps3 LoL.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News