Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Is there a switch in PS3 blu-ray tray to turn laser on?

Sponsored Links
    I bought a PS3 slim 160G (CECH 2501A) $30 it had video problems (It would start to look like snow on the menu, full of white dots and then it would freeze after 5 minutes, also it was hot to the touch.. the Blu-ray worked fine within those 5 minutes it would load any game as soon as it entered, it was perfect.. so i took apart the console and used the heat gun trick along with the 4 penny trick and new thermo paste (didn't work) i also added 2 dimes between the two fan plates and 4 screws (worked).. software perfect did not over heat.. Blu-ray did not work.. took it apart put it back together.. nothing.. erased hard drive entered 911 menu to do update from scratch for new drivers and build.. nothing..

I bought PS3 fat 80G (CECH A01) Backwards compatible $30.. software perfect and warms up a little but not hot.. just needed a laser basically, so i bought it off eBay new in box $29.. installed it, no go.. followed the video to a T.. no go..

I bought PS3 fat 40G $35 (CECH J01) YLOD.. heat gun 4 penny trick and new thermo paste.. works perfect blue ray.. software perfect..

I bought PS3 fat 80G (CECH K01) 65% the game will load right away $100 with 1 controller.. software perfect Blu-ray loads 50%.. i bought a laser on eBay $19 new in box.. afraid to install it lol.. i will wait til the laser stops working..

WITH THAT.. there has to be something that switches/turns the power "ON" with the laser (i cant find it) just as there is a "ON" switch for the spindle hub (makes disc spin (i found that) and the DVD injector (pulls dvd in.. (i found that).. in some cases i don't think drivers or menu's have anything to do with a fix.. there has to be a switch inside the Blu-ray tray setup/re-assembly.. that is being missed or over looked, after a lens or motherboard has been replaced or repaired is when a few hundred people run into (new) laser not lighting up issues
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

There is no switch that I know of.

You either need to just troubleshoot the Blu ray drive or replace the lens.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Umm... sorry but can you please have less details. Like just get straight to the point O.o

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Purely drive issue. Changing the lens will fix your problem instantly.

where's the resist to change it's lens?

There is no switch that I know of.

You either need to just troubleshoot the Blu ray drive or replace the lens.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News