Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Is there no way to play PSN shows on a computer?

Sponsored Links
    I never would have downloaded a whole season of Doctor Who if I knew I could never play it on anything but the ps3. I mean I could have bought the whole season on bluray for that price.

My ps3 is filling up and apparently I'm not ever allowed to download these shows from the psn store without paying... again.

So much for "owning" these episodes.

Is there not some program that will play ps3 back up files?
    Best Answer - Posted by GotNoUsername:

If you have you root key you have 2 options 1 just hock the HDD to PC decrypt it and go 2. Get a DEX and use Traget manager's FTP and just copy it to your HDD. 3. Get a BIG external HDD and copy films there (1 TB works fine for my PS3)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can redownload them, you don't need to pay for them again...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No you can't. Delete a tv episode, it says 'you can not download this media again' or something like that. I guess the lesson is don't buy episodes on psn.

I never would have downloaded a whole season of Doctor Who if I knew I could never play it on anything but the ps3. I mean I could have bought the whole season on bluray for that price.

My ps3 is filling up and apparently I'm not ever allowed to download these shows from the psn store without paying... again.

So much for "owning" these episodes.

Is there not some program that will play ps3 back up files?

This shouldn't be pls contact Sony support PSN bought content is downloadable on the console you bought it and 2 additional ones. But I'm not sure about Netflix they have strange conditions sometimes.

Yes and no for the backup question you would need a CFW DEX or at least you PS3 root key (which is acquired via CFW ....)

That's only true for games. TV shows (and possibly movies, I didn't try that) can NOT be downloaded again. That is by Sony design. If you lose them, they're gone.

Is that an educated guess or do you KNOW of a way to play them if I had the root key?

This wouldn't be such a big deal if I could watch them on my computer. But transferring off the ps3 with a flash drive, backing up to the computer, then when you want to watch again take off the computer, restore to the ps3... it's a giant pain in the rear.

Hey can you watch itunes bought videos on your ps3? or amazon bought? maybe it would be better if I got my episodes there. You can still watch itunes/amazon content on your computer right?

If you have you root key you have 2 options 1 just hock the HDD to PC decrypt it and go 2. Get a DEX and use Traget manager's FTP and just copy it to your HDD. 3. Get a BIG external HDD and copy films there (1 TB works fine for my PS3)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News