Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Is there a .elf file to play PSX games?

Sponsored Links
    we have the USBloader for ps2 backups. Is there a elf file with swapmagic to play PSX games?

Sponsored Links

Unhappy

Sponsored Links
    Not that I am aware of (except for some PSOne games via PSN)... there were a few videos of on alleged PS1 Loader released but nothing came of them.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...der-97215.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Perzian View Post
    we have the USBloader for ps2 backups. Is there a elf file with swapmagic to play PSX games?
    Search for psxlauncher.elf

Not sure if it works in PS3. pSX and ePSXe emulate PSX games very well on PC.

psxlauncher doesn´t work on the ps3. I already tried on a PAL ps3. Mine doesn´t have the EE chip though, so someone with a full BC ps3 might want to give it a try. Although this would just be to test if ps1mode is accessable through ps2mode. Even on the ps2 you would need someway to insert a backup without hitting the eject button, so you have to use an original psx disc unless you have your ps3 open or a switch installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Perzian View Post
    Why dont you emulate them on pc ? I think there is a really good compatibility on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by aries2k6 View Post
    psxlauncher doesn´t work on the ps3. I already tried on a PAL ps3. Mine doesn´t have the EE chip though, so someone with a full BC ps3 might want to give it a try. Although this would just be to test if ps1mode is accessable through ps2mode. Even on the ps2 you would need someway to insert a backup without hitting the eject button, so you have to use an original psx disc unless you have your ps3 open or a switch installed.
    right! and if the PS3 is already open or have the switch installed, then you don't need the ELF... just swap the PS1 or PS2 disc to play backups.

IMO, PC or PSP are better for PSX backups.

Question Not working

I have the 80gb ps not backwards compaitible is that why it dowsn't work on mine. I want to be able to load up the marvel s capcom 2.

Playing PSX backups on PS3

Is it possible yet?

I googled around and searched the forum but I can only find older posts and well, didn't really get anywhere.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News