Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Swap Magic with FW 2.40

Sponsored Links
    Does anyone know if you can use swap magic with Firmware 2.40? If so what version of swap magic do you need to have?

I used to have yellowdog linux installed on my 60GB along time ago, I have since sold that and bought a new 80GB system and want to burn some SNES and SGEN emulators for the PS3, but I do not want to Install Linux on my new system, so if I can do this with Swap Magic on FW 2.40 that would be what I am looking for.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i just posted a tutorial on ps3news.com clearing everything, just wait until the moderators aprove it. You can watch my proof video here:

[Register or Login to view links]

and it works on fw 2.40

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think you need to have the coder version the ps3 has to be an 20gb/60gb with emotion engine and if you have the 2.40 firmware the swap magic will only work on the PAL version i think... about the ntsc the 2.40 update blocked the swap magic i think.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Interesting. Because I'm looking to download the tools to use Swap Magic and I have 2.40. I have two NTSC disc right beside me, and after popping them in, it appears not to work.

He isn't talking about using SwapMagic to swap discs and run PS2 backups, he is talking about using SwapMagic to run ELF files (i.e. SNES emulator).

Also, you need to use the DVD version of SwapMagic, the CD version won't run.

oh, I thought it was ok for playing other region PS2 games. I'm still here with my japanese, european and american games

don't want to trash them, or to buy a new ps2 system..

Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,

I'll try that trick later since i have a remaining PS2 disk (Onimusha) and a PSP as well, I have 2 US PS3, one is running at FW 2.36 and the other at FW 2.01, Congrats on ur work!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News