Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Swap HDDs on two almost similiar PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    I have two PS3. Both are fat and 3.55 cwf. Only diffrence is one have 4 USB ports and the second one have only 2 (later model w/o card reader and PS2 support).

I need to swap they HDDs with all of the content (profiles, saves, games). Can I just plug-out-plug-in their HDDs, switch places or it will not do the trick?

If not, then what is the best way to do so?
    Best Answer - Posted by elcaves:

You need to make a backup of the HDD before changing consoles. Each HDD is paired with the console so if you just swap them will present an error. So you must make a backup with the data transfer utility to another HDD and then replace it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if you swap drives, it will ask you to format them. data transfer utility is probably your best option?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to make a backup of the HDD before changing consoles. Each HDD is paired with the console so if you just swap them will present an error. So you must make a backup with the data transfer utility to another HDD and then replace it.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News