Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Strange issue after changing HDD

Sponsored Links
    I applied 4.31.7 CFW to a K01 and it seemed fine rebooted two times. I then took the 80GB HDD out and put in a 1TB virgin HDD. I got a black screen prompting me to install the file system I followed the instructions and the machine went to a solid blue screen. after about four hour i got impatient and powered the machine down.

It would not boot so I went into recovery mode and used the system restore option and it formatted the HDD asked for the firmware on a USB stick and after a minute or two went to the same solid blue screen.

I have allowed it to stay in that state for about 12 hours, it is doing something because one in a while the HDD light will flash for a few seconds & the USB stick is flashing very very slowly. Will this system come out of this state or does it need to be reflashed by a pro?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you say 4.31.7 CFW, are you talking about SGK's CFW?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes. Was that my mistake?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not sure, I'm not an expert on SGK CFW and I'm not sure if the HDD can be swapped on their CFW (probably not from your experience), but that's what happens when you don't use Rebug CFW.

Anyways, have you tried plugging in the original 80GB HDD and see if this works?

Yes. and it does the same thing. at this point i'm thinking of trying to force the OFW 4.31 onto the machine and pay someone to downgrade for me. I have never had such a bad experience with a HDD swap. I own 3 PS3s and this one was bought to mod. I didn't think a HDD swap could cause so much trouble.

Yeah some CFW out there cannot be re-installed when swapping the HDD, like the earlier Rogero 4.xx CFWs. It seems like SGK CFW has this problem as well. That's why you should only trust Rebug with CFW.

Before you try forcing OFW 4.31, try putting Rebug's 999 downgrader on the stick when it asks you to install the file system and see if that installs.

Where can I get the 999 Downgrade (i've looked everywhere)

scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP

Verify the md5 hash after you download, it should give you 06aa0e07af7ead6e7e4bddf18ea3281f

Do you know if you're QA'd? If you know you're QA'd, you can try putting Rebug's 4.30.2 on the stick when it asks you to install the system software and see if this works before you try the 999 Downgrader.

Here's a link to Rebug's 4.30.2: scmods.com/rebug/firmware/REBUG_4.30.2_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP

md5: abc9e91a4dcc79874f6ac783723e4a9d

Its right here: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...itions-arrive/

maybe you'll be interested in the CFW too.

If you don't get rid of BSOD, then you will have to put the PS3 into FSM (Factory service mode) with a downgrade dongle.

Install Rogero 3.7 3.55 CFW, then toggle_qa flag , and install CFW of your choice.

Latest Rogero 4.30 v2.05 can swap hdd's without downgrading.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News