Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen PS3 help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try reporting it to sony.. If whomever stole it connects it to the net, it will probably automatically login like mine does and if they do thats enough for sony to do an IP trace... Might have ot get the law enforcement or a court order to have SOny release the info to you though.. 95% chance youll never see it again... Did you do the old fashion thing and have the police dust for finger prints? Once a thief always a thief... More than likely the person who stole it is closer to you than you think.... the whole stealing "other" things too was just a plus for them.. They went for the PS3, I guarantee it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You think the law will do an Iptrace? I very much doubt it.

1) - Most police officers wont know what an ip is.

2) - for petty theft, the only investigation they will likely do is ask if it was witnessed, if so, take statements from the witnesses.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you have the mac address, there are ways YOU can trace it, IF you dont have it, your ISP has security logs.. might want to contact them and see if they can give it too you. Or if the thief uses the same MAC on the same ISP you have, they can do an MAC trace and find out which ISP account is using that mac, once that is done, (if Possible) than take the info to the police.. I do know that the ISP here can do everything I just described because I worked for them for 6 years in Field Service and Audit and actually had to do this for a stolen PC.

his ISP is not gonna know crap about his MAC address if he used it behind a router. Most routers have logs, that would say something like: device with MAC address is connecting to router...

I think your wasting your time, no one, the police, or sony, is gonna waste their time on a console. Now maybe if there was a murder at the scene of the theft, they might use those means in an attempt to find the suspect. But other then that, your probably wasting your time. Long time ago, my car was stolen from my driveway... police arrive, write down details, then leave... they never even looked around the block.. it was down a block or so on the same road with lights on, doors open and still running w/ stereo system stripped out LOL... The police won't waste time on it.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News