Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: SSD in PS3?

Sponsored Links

[Answered] SSD in PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Ok, so I did some searching around to see if putting a SSD in a PS3 would be a waste or not. The problem is, all the articles I've found are part pf the pre-JB era.

So does anyone think it'd be worth it? I've got a 256GB SSD I'd like to throw into it, but I'd rather use it in another computer if there isn't going to be any noticeable difference or any real advantage.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've done a couple of test a few months back with two different SSDs (64 and 128 GB) and I've failed to see any noticeable performance improvement. Frankly - considering the cost and capacity of the normal hard drives this is hardly benefitial at all. Also - the speed up by backing up games from BD to HDD is already sufficient and I doubt that even full speed of the current hard drive is used all the time anyway.

So - in short to your answer - no, I don't think it will be worth it in terms of speed. Might be a bit less noisy but that's about it.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News