Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Split problem with OpenSplit 1.2 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey Guys,

yesterday i asked about a way to copy my games from my pc to my ps3.

because of the fact that flash fxp disconnects me after an ammount of time. small games works fine (3d dot game heroes for example) but games like star ocean with a file of 22gb doesnt work. after arround 14gb he says to much time gone since last data transfer.

now i wanted to use OpenSplit 1.2 and i downloaded it from the website (btw, nice a java tool ^^ give me hope to create some helpful tools by my self for the community.) when i select my game folder he finds star ocean and starts to create the split files. but at 61% he stops working like he is crashed.

i hope someone can help me.

Greetings
    warrorar

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I actually used Comgenie's file split (never tried open split), worked for me. I think MutiMAN has one too called 4GSplit, hope this helps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

Have you tried flash fxp to transfer to your internal like i said yesterday?

And for opensplit, is your game on your internal PC harddrive or a external NTFS drive??

Greets

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    because of the fact that flash fxp disconnects me after an ammount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by modmate View Post
    Hi,

Have you tried flash fxp to transfer to your internal like i said yesterday?

And for opensplit, is your game on your internal PC harddrive or a external NTFS drive??

Greets
    doesn't external have to be FAT32, I never had any luck using NTSF, try comgenies (which I can confirm works) or 4Gsplit.

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    doesn't external have to be FAT32, I never had any luck using NTSF, try comgenies (which I can confirm works) or 4Gsplit.
    Yes, for use with ps3 it has to be fat32, but it could be he got such a big backup on a external Ntfs Harddrive.

hey guys,

first answer - yes i use flash fxp, it worked on 3d dot game heroes fine. but when i try to copy star ocean from my laptop to my ps3 he transfer the first files, and when it comes to the 22gb bin.file he transfers arround 14gb and then he says something like "there is to much time gone blablabla". i'm not at home so i can't tell you the exact error.

but the main problem is that the external hdd i use now is not mine. so i cant use it forever. so i wanted to use the flash fxp way.

i will write tomorrow what flash fxp says, also i will test tomorrow 4gsplit or the other tool instead of Open Split.

greetings
    Warrorar.

try using different ftp in ps3. blackbox ftp, ftp in gaia manager, other ftp apps...

okay i have some new informations regaring my problem.

i tested now again to transfer my game wthout z-mode on flashfxp

it stops at 14.592.770.048Byte these are exaclty 61% of the bin file. when i transfer it with filezilla and transfer the file it stops at 60,3% on 14.59x.xxx.xxxByte.

also the split tool open split doesnt get behind this point, opensplits also stops at 61% working.

and Split4G also stops working on 13,09gb which is 60.8%.

could it be that the .bin file is corrupted? =( (would be very crappy because its 21gb big, took a long time to download)

greetings
    Warrorar

I used the tool Split4G from deanrr, which worked very great. Try that tool with Windows GUI.

i used split 4g if you read my last post, and it didn't work.

but the funny thing is it stopped transfering on 13,09gb (60%) but i can start the game over gaia manager, can install it, can play it O.o

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News