Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Spansion S29GL128N & Progskeet Write help?

Sponsored Links
    Wow... didn't think I'd be posting for help, but hey, everyone needs it from time to time!

It seems the Progskeet forum is lacking in intelligence, so I'll try my luck with you lot. I have a DIA-001 PS3 board with the dreaded Spansion N series NOR flash. Many people have had hit and miss luck with flashing this NOR with no real answer as to how to sort it (other than the devs pulling their finger out... 24 hours for support?...)

Anyways, I have many 'o many perfect NOR dumps, but writing back to this flash is a no-no. I've tried the pull-up resistor on RY/BY as well as manually controlling the control lines for WE, WP, CE etc

My only other option is to remove the TSOP and program externally (45 for the adaptor...) or replace it with a Spansion P series NOR.

All I can say is that Progskeet needs an update in the flasher software. NOR flashing is FAR from stable...

Any thoughts anyone?

SORTED!!!!

Here I am 4 hours later.... I have finally mastered these damn Spansion N series NOR flash (no thanks to Progskeet's buggy software)

Tutorial in the usual section to follow!!
    Last edited by mushy409; 01-15-2012 at 04:14 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    SORTED!!!! Here I am 4 hours later.... I have finally mastered these damn Spansion N series NOR flash (no thanks to Progskeet's buggy software)

Nice to see your persistence paid off mushy409 and I will now mark this answered as well- great job!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    SORTED!!!! Here I am 4 hours later.... I have finally mastered these damn Spansion N series NOR flash (no thanks to Progskeet's buggy software)

Nice to see your persistence paid off mushy409 and I will now mark this answered as well- great job!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News