Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Sony to charge annual fee to play online games?

Sponsored Links
    Has anyone heard that Sony will start charging annual fee's to play online games similar to the Xbox?
    Best Answer - Posted by knw5504:

As far as ive heard, sony plans on no charge ever on the Playstation network. They want to keep it free for their consumers. if they implemented a charge now a lot of people probably wouldn't continue supporting sony as much as they do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As far as ive heard, sony plans on no charge ever on the Playstation network. They want to keep it free for their consumers. if they implemented a charge now a lot of people probably wouldn't continue supporting sony as much as they do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what.. this is an outrage!!! lol i hope they don't but they are getting sneaky and when my 60gb suffered from YLOD they wanted 145 to repair lol and it cost me 8 to buy thermal compound and fix it myself, but if they do start charging for online gaming then i'll just have to boycot sony and xbox lol.

Quote Originally Posted by adshead View Post
    what.. this is an outrage!!! lol i hope they don't but they are getting sneaky and when my 60gb suffered from YLOD they wanted 145 to repair lol and it cost me 8 to buy thermal compound and fix it myself, but if they do start charging for online gaming then i'll just have to boycot sony and xbox lol.
    lol if u boycott sony and xbox, all u have left is the Wii...

Anyways I doubt Sony would do that.. thats one of their edges against xbox.

Thats one of the benefits of having the PS3 - online gaming is FREE!

Sony shouldn't spoil it.

Sony has never charged for online gaming and probably wont start. Thats one of the great benefits of the PS3. You dont have to worry about an annual fee.

no Way

Most likely a false rumor if you believe me. A bad image will definitely be marking them especially since the price drop from I believe two weeks ago. This is there "sword in the gut" against the Xbox 360, if they fall money hungry they'll end up being severely eaten by PS3 owners and media-likes everywhere. So I doubt this is true, but not far--from possible.

Not viable for Sony

MS have the lead, xbox live is very compelling and my son and all his mates are on it every night, Sony's on-line presence is weak although it is getting better. I have both consoles and just prefer the PS3 sadly though it just doesn't come together then playing on-line. For Sony to start charging would be a disaster and push people over to MS where their online presence is a much richer experience.

ylod

Quote Originally Posted by adshead View Post
    i hope they don't but they are getting sneaky and when my 60gb suffered from YLOD they wanted 145 to repair lol and it cost me 8 to buy thermal compound and fix it myself
    I've never heard of ylod before. Do a lot of 60g ps3's get this?

Quote Originally Posted by johnoneill1984 View Post
    Ive never heard of ylod before. Do a lot of 60g ps3's get this?
    I hear that the 60gb versions have the highest incident rate of ylod. Ylod is a general system error, so it could be anything if you get it. As long as you keep it ventilated/clean you should be fine. It is nowhere as prevalent as the 360's rrod.

Also, I do not see Sony charging us an annual fee since that is one of their main selling points. If they did however, they better give us more reason to pay for it since there really is none atm.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News