[Answered] Sometimes PS3 drive reads discs, sometimes not
I hope someone can help with my problem. Why does my PS3 sometimes read and sometimes does not read discs? (more failures than proper startings - no info in the XMB that there is a disc inside, code 80010514, 80010516 (rarely), freezings immediately after launching black screen when reads the disc).
Everything happened at the of update fw to 3.41 (few days ago), earlier there were no suspicious signs. Two hours after the update console froze while playing God of War 3 and I had to turn off the power. Since then there is a problem.
- console has never been moved while playing, standing all the time in vertical position
- I have used all of the recovery options, fan test (that as loud as vacuum cleaner)
- what is really interesting - every few hours I am able to play any game for several minutes and then it freezes. There is no problem with no-disc based games.
Does this problem mean laser replacement? I would accept the dead laser if there were constant failures during the reading, but someting seems to be strange for me, when it works sometimes.
PS3: 80GB CECHL04
Best Answer -
Posted by joffe
Originally Posted by sebek0070
So this is a good sign, the mainboard obviously does not sufffer from overheating problems. The CECHL is one of the less power consuming fat models and I have never seen overheat problems with my CECHL. The error 80010514 is mostly reported to be a blu-ray read error but I suspect it more to be a communication error with the BD drive. Maybe changes in drivers of FW3.41 or a maybe included BD-FW update unveiled the problem.
- have you already tried the 'fixed' 3.41 FW? (see http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=4285
- are you able to play any BD or DVD movies flawlessly?